Nursery (Pips) 2022 - 2023
Nursery Class Teacher
We are looking forwards to getting to a very busy and exciting Spring term ahead!
Spring Term Topics
We are excited to introduce the following curriculum topics to the children for the Spring term:
This project compares the differences to the world at night comapred to during the day. Through a range of exciting activities the children will learn about nocturnal animals and how they find food when it is dark. They will find out about people who work at night and the different jobs that people do while we are asleep. They will discuss bedtime routines and the importace of a good night sleep. They will explore the nights sky and find out about the moon and stars.
Supporting your child at home:
- Look at the nightv sky and see how many stars you can see each night
- See how the moon changes shape each night
- Go on a short walk after dark or go into the garden. Take a torch to light the way.
- Discuss how things l;ook different in the dark
This project teaches children about the seasonal changes that happen during Winter They will find out about the different weather associated with the Winter season and explore changes that happen to water as it freezes. They will find out what happens to plants and animals during cold weather and explore places in the world that are always col;d and snowy including the animals that live there.
Supporting your child at home
- Go on a Winter walk and talk about the changes that have happened since Summer
- Put bird food out in the garden and observe and discuss the birds that have visited
- Leave water out in a shallow container overnight to see how it freezes
- If it snows build a snowman and share pictures of it with the rest of the class
In the dangerous dinosaurs project your child will find out about prehistoric animals that have lived on Earth. They will learn facts about dinosaurs and will discover how big some of these giant creatures were. They will learn about the difference between carnivores and herbivores.
Supporting your child at home:
- Go on the natural history museum website and look at interesting facts about dinosaurs together.
- Go on the cbeebies dinosaur website and explore games and videos together
- Look up interesting dinosaur facts to share with class
Puddles and Rainbows
In the puddles and rainbows project your child will learn about the weather asociated with Spring. They will explore natural weather phenomena such as rainbows, cloud rain and wind. They will explore colours found in the natural environment and learn how to mix primary colours to make new colours.
Supporting your child at home.
- Walk in your local environment and discuss changes that have happened since Winter
- Go on a colour hunt and search for all the colours of the rainbow
- Watch the weather forecast together and discuss the daily weather
- Go outside on a rainy day and jump in puddles
We look forwards to all of the fun that we will have
Mrs Fowler and Mrs Butler
Files to Download
Nursery (Pips): News items
There are no News items to display
Nursery (Pips): Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Nursery (Pips): Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Nursery (Pips): Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display